Tuesday, November 8, 2011

(i wanna grow old with you)

Luke proposed to me this past Saturday, November 5th.
We made dinner together and shared some red wine while listening to a sweet radio program about food and relationships, and then he took me upstairs to his bedroom. In his bedroom I was surprised to find that he had set up two old movie theater seats and an old projector screen. Then he disappeared into his closet and I heard the whirrring of an old 1950’s projector, and a 16 mm student film from the 60’s began playing. We started watching it together and talking, and then he pulled out an antique ring box and asked me to marry him. I started crying and hugging him, and then realized I hadn’t answered his question, and then said yes yes yes yes yes. And that is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment