Tuesday, February 15, 2011

(my funny valentine)

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, so happy belated Valentine's Day!

Now, I know that Valentine's Day is labeled as a "hallmark" and "commercial" holiday... but I also think it can be whatever you make it. (You don't have to be extravagant and spend gobs of money on it, you don't have to celebrate it on February 14, and you don't have to make it about romance.) I'm a sucker for celebrating life, so I like holidays of all varieties for this very reason.

So anyway, here's what I've been up to the past couple of days:

Luke and I celebrated Valentine's Day the day before actual Valentine's Day, because Monday is Girls Night. (duh!)

To celebrate, I packed the two of us a picnic and we went for a winter walk and picnic. It was a lot of fun! Among other things we also enjoyed eating pizza, playing nintendo, watching a bad movie, and drinking champagne. I really love Luke Dennison, and having him in my life is an utter blessing.








[This is a funny piece of litter I noticed on our walk.]


[I made Nutella cupcakes with a peanut butter frosting for our picnic.]





*

Monday night my house continued our recently started Girls Night. Right when we were in the middle of girly emotional chick-flickness, we got a knock on our door and it was Ben N! He was dressed up dapper as could be to deliver our house red roses on behalf of other Ben (who is in D.C.) It was pretty dang adorable, and he brought Mary flowers even though she is all the way in York. It was quite a lovely little night.




[Star fruit!]


[Ben's roses for Mary.]

*

"My funny valentine,
sweet comic valentine -
You make me smile with my heart."
-Rodgers & Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment