Saturday, November 13, 2010

(with voyeuristic intention)

Yesterday evening my housemate Carley was working on a project for her photography class, and managed to rope many of us in as models.


Since she's a fancy pants photographer, she was shooting film...so alas, I don't have copies of the final photos (though she did spend her morning in the dark room, so maybe some soon?). I do have some some crappy pictures taken on my cellular telephone though of all the fun we had during the shoot:




[Carley & Ben setting up the shot]



[Ben & Me, enjoying the tropical fruit]



[Carley eating a banana - made me think of Nick Hagen]



[Carley & Me, probably my favorite picture from the shoot...]



*



Later in the evening Carley, Luke Purds, and I went to a screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show! We even got Purds in a dress, tights, and wig as Janet (dammit).



Then I wrote this letter:


Hello and greetings to my dear friends!


As many of you know, I tend to avoid facebook completely at all costs, and would only use it if something INCREDIBLY important came up. And now, it has. I have been presented with the opportunity smack-dab in front of my face to make one of my biggest dreams to come true, and I need your help to do it!


What is this huge life-long dream of mine you may ask? It is to become part of the weekly show of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. The cheap theater (Celebration Woodland) is showing it indefinitely every Friday & Saturday at 10:45 p.m. I went to the first showing tonight with my friends Carley and Luke, and it was lovely. The man running it was an amiable middle aged man and Rocky Horror veteran. The theater wasn’t very full, the callbacks were limited (Asshole. Slut.), the energy was lacking (though we all enjoyed the timewarp), and overall it just didn’t quite have the feel of the other Rocky Horror movie/live experiences I’ve been to.


The point is, that this could be our chance to seize! OUR TIME TO SHINE. I think we could really do something with it. We can learn the callbacks, bring the props, go to the shows, dress up – and dare I even say learn the parts and act it out? This show needs the gusto, the energy, the creativity, and the sexuality that I know we all can bring! Even if we could just do one big show, my life would be made.


SO, if you are here in Grand Rapids, let’s make some plans, get together, and DO THIS. And if you don’t, well…come visit and join in! PLEASE! Email me at dancer68844@hotmail.com if you’re interested, and let’s go from there!


Don your fishnets, dig out your feather boas, dust off that copy of ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’ (for inspiration), and get ready to DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!


*P.S. If you are a Rocky Horror virgin, do not be shy! You are more than welcome to join in on the festivities!*



No comments:

Post a Comment