Friday, April 2, 2010

(from the cross to the grave)

I have my doubts, questions, & disbeliefs regarding the religion of Christianity. But the reason I call myself a Christian, the one thing I absolutely believe in is the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus is who I look to as a model and teacher of love. He loved in ways that can’t be comprehended by mankind. I want to love like he did, & it’s something I intend to work towards for my entire life.

And the fact that he died; the fact that he let himself die for us, a bunch of lousy sinners, just blows my mind. I am so flawed. I mess up each and every day. And he still loves me enough to die for me. It’s incomprehensible and it is so beautiful.

Jesus showed people God’s love through action, not just by telling. I hope that my love for others is an active love.

No comments:

Post a Comment