Monday, February 8, 2010

(so i thought i'd let you know)

I like when your little brother and sister give me hugs.

And I’m overwhelmed with flattery when you notice the little things, like when I dab perfume on my neck.

I love when you say “goodnight darling.”

I appreciate that you take the time to call me from a pay phone.

I like you - slow dancing to the record playing in your bedroom, sitting on your roof looking at stars, giggling with wine and friends, at the pond behind the abandoned house -- frozen and thawed, when listening to music, sharing kisses, in your letters…
It’s late and I’m sleepy, but the moral of the story is that I like you a hell of a lot.

And sometimes when it's late at night, I miss you quite a lot. And I put on songs that make me think of you, read things we've written to each other, snuggle under my covers and dream of you.

And I know that things will be alright.



*

In other news... I survived my first week of the new semester! Hoorah! Here goes week two...

*

"We were just kids when I first kissed you
in the attic of my parents house,
and I wish we were there now...
It took so long to figure out
What this book has been about." ♫

*

No comments:

Post a Comment